As businesses adopt more and more digital practices, a move to cloud computing seems inevitable. Here, we look at what cloud computing is and why it’s becoming one of the fastest growing global technologies.
To give it it’s full title, Infrastructure-as-a-Service offers essential compute, storage and networking resources on demand, on a pay-as-you-go basis. In the IaaS model, cloud providers host the infrastructure components traditionally residing in an on-premise data centre, including servers, storage and networking hardware, allowing users to scale quickly to meet demands.
According to global IT distributor, Ingram Micro, IaaS is growing faster than any other segment of the cloud services market, with Gartner predicts that growth will continue at over 28% pa for at least the next 5 years.
But what does this mean for you and your business?
Here’s a list of the most important reasons for considering a move to the Cloud
Time-saving and cost efficient
- Avoid the time and cost of buying, managing, and supporting in-house infrastructure, while offering uninterrupted access to data and the most advanced applications and technology
- Purchase IaaS based on usage, with scalability based on growth, downsizing or seasonal changes
- Dramatically improve service levels for end-users, as there are no wait times for hardware, components or on-site support, and critical infrastructure is left in the hands of experts
Enhanced protection and reliability
- With IaaS providers having the tightest security measures in place, ensure end-users’ infrastructures and data are protected against potential breaches
- Consolidate disaster recovery infrastructure, reducing costs and increasing manageability
- Provide greater reliability with no interruptions for end-users, as IaaS can stay running even if a server goes down
Ability to expand and differentiate
- Leverage pre-integrated options, including Azure, AWS and more, or integrate your own IaaS solutions
- Focus time and resources on business growth, rather than IT infrastructure and support, and easily establish IT infrastructure in new regions.
- Differentiate your business, expand into new marketspaces, and increase revenue by incorporating robust IaaS platforms in your offerings
Below, you will find articles, white papers, key facts, help and advice to assist you if you’re making the move to the Cloud.
We’ve included information on specialist areas, such as DevOp’s, FinOp’s and Optimisation, as well as leading technologies and implementation partners you’ll need to get you there.